Tuesday 31 January 2012

Progress.... it's like Take That!

We have continued editing our film 'Killing Between The Lines' We are really happy with the lighting from the kitchen scene and our new location at Thurnscoe.

On the 6th February we shall be having a lesson from a university lecturer on how to make our own film poster using photoshop to promote our film. By analysing and researching different posters, which I posted a few months ago on this blog; it has given me some idea on how to create my own.

To create the conceptualisation, design and production of an original film poster it has to:
STAND OUT
Have a catchy tagline: "Oblivious to everything."
The Lighting has to be right to promote the mood of our film and give the audience an idea on the genre of the film. IE, Thriller; Tense, Jumpy, Twist;Suspense;Tension. (Aesthetic)
The TITLE of our film must stand out to get people to recognise and watch it. (Focused))
I want the overall look of the final poster to like a we are promoting a psychological thriller.
I want the poster to be well ordered and sequenced: Large Title, large image.

I want to use a high resolution such as 300dpi. because if we were to print this off and place it on a billboard it would be in a large format. Other things I could place on the poster are:
Leading Cast
Classification
Director
Producer
Distributor
I would also like to use photography as the prominent piece of the design in order to try and explore different aspects of media.


Our poster should allow the audience to take in all this important information instantly in order for it to be a success. Therefore Psych productions can create more films in the future!...and make more profit. ;)

This website has given me inspiration for my own as these posters are bright, colourful, big photography shots and most importantly they stand out and instantly get the message across to their target audience on what the poster is promoting!

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/inspiration/extremely-creative-movie-posters/

This video also helped greatly.
"The eyes will always focus on the middle of the poster."
Actors first below the title. Below that - film crew.
Director always named last.
The question I am going to ask myself when we finalise our poster is: Does this poster promote our film easily to our target audience; if I were in their shoes? I will then know if it will go on and be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment